Monday, January 31, 2011

Noa's Baptism

My nephew, sweet baby Noa, will be baptized on Friday, February 4th.  Since my return to the church early last year, I have prayed for Noa, his mom (my sister) and his dad.  I have prayed that my sister, a fallen away Catholic, would return to the Church and have Noa baptized.  But more than that, I prayed she would hear the gentle call of the Holy Spirit in her heart.  I knew that if she would answer that call, the Grace from own her baptism would pour fourth into the life of her son.

My sister has answered that call and continues to answer it each day.  In a few days, the Grace she received at her baptism will flow through to Noa.  In an unbroken chain that began with Jesus in the Jordan, my nephew will be baptized and the Grace he is given in baptism will be the door to his spiritual life.  God has chosen baby Noa to enter this door and I am so blessed to be his Godmother.

"You have not chosen me; I have chosen you.  Go and bear fruit that will last." (Jn 15:16)

3 comments:

  1. God answers the prayers of His saints. Your sister and sweet baby Noa are blessed with God's grace and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayer is truly amazing and the results it can bring. I truly believe that once you are a Catholic there is no changing. Once the beliefs that you have grown up with are there; they just don't go away. Sometimes they get lost or hidden because of the circumstances of life but the belief has not changed. I know many people that say they are former Catholics but when I ask them of their belief system that hasn't changed. Just the way they believe.

    Young Noa is truly a blessing for Amanda and Jim and the entire extended gamily that they share together.

    ReplyDelete