Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Reflection of Stations

I am embarrassed to admit but this past Friday evening was the first "Stations of The Cross" that I have participated in since I was in high school (1996). What a beautiful devotion to take part in...I was literally brought to tears during the meditations.  I do not remember being so emotional in my past experiences with the Stations, however, I was only 17.  I am sure that on the rare occasion I participated, my mind wandered to all other areas of my life having little or nothing to do with faith.

God, I truly feel that I am your "Prodigal Daughter".  Throughout all of life's hardships, I was always too stubborn to rely or put faith in you.  After everything I have done and failed to do, you picked me up in my brokenness.  Thank you for opening up your arms...thank you for welcoming me home. If there is a person on earth who is undeserving of your Grace, it is me.

My prayer today: Lord, increase the faith of my family and friends, especially the "Prodigal Children" who have not made it home.

1 comment:

  1. I think the angels in heaven sing really loud when Prodigal Children return

    ReplyDelete