Thursday, December 30, 2010

Top 10 Of 2010


10.  The Treadmill I just bought.  It's been a long time coming...much too long and about 20 pounds overdue.  I have tried the gym thing and it doesn't work for me.  Mainly because I HATE working out in front of other people.  Plus, I do not like getting ready to go to the gym.  You cannot put a price tag on being able to crawl out of bed, throw on your tennis shoes (without having to brush your teeth or hair) and go.  I am blessed with now being able to run (or walk) in the privacy of my own home. Recently I realized I can run and say the rosary at the same time.  I really, really like this.  Now if only the pounds would start melting....

9.  Thanksgiving.  This year was especially wonderful because my mom, my sister and her family were able to fly into Memphis to spend it with us.  This was the first time since 1997 that we were able to spend it together...I hope we never allow 13 years to pass before doing this again.

8.  Coordinating a 60th Birthday Cruise for my mom.  The cruise won't actually happen until February 2011 but I'm so proud that we lined it up.  After 60 years and four daughters later, my mom deserves this trip...I couldn't be happier to take her :)  We love you mom!!

7.  My husband.  Being married to me is a job in itself and he does it with ease.  Thank you for loving me.

6.  Being invited to join a women's prayer group at Holy Spirit Catholic Church.  The women of this prayer group have been a blessing to my life.  They are beautiful women of faith and a true gift from God.

5.  A book that my sister Shannon sent me.  It's not just your average, everyday book...Rediscovering Catholicism by Matthew Kelly was my first step back to the Catholic Church.  It was exactly what I needed to read at the exact right time.  It's amazing how God works!!

4.  Making my Memphis Women's Cursillo Weekend (Group 92)!!  What a reflective weekend...and the Holy Spirit was truly present!!

3.  The Catholic Church.  I am truly in awe of her strength, resilience, beauty and age.  I truly believe this is the church Christ founded...how else could it have lasted 2,000 years if it weren't His church!

2.  Faith.  This is the most precious gift I will ever receive in my life time.  It is a gift that I vow to nurture & cherish for all the years of my life.

1.  The Trinity.  2010 marks the first year I ever put much thought into God The Father, God The Son and God The Holy Spirit.  Without the Trinity, I would not have the gift of faith.  Without the Trinity, our Church would not have the Eucharist.  Without the Trinity, our Church would not exist.  For the first time in my life, when I say "In the name of the Father, In the name of the Son, In the name of the Holy Spirit" I would die for it.  Having something to die for - and not just something but God - is TRULY a life worth living.  Thank you Jesus...I love you!!

4 comments:

  1. Erin, I love your Top 10. You had a wonderful year. You have a way with words, and it encourages me to write more. Keep up the good work. Your, Postman

    ReplyDelete
  2. AD (love the moniker you selected),

    Thank you for sharing your experiences and growth in your faith. It reaffirms my own!

    I would like to know more about #7 and why he is ranked below a book? Well, thankfully he's higher on your list than a treadmill! Maybe that's because you can walk all over him with no effort!? :)

    Blessings from a Methodist!

    Mitchie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...well, #7 is lucky he made it on my list at all ;) I felt a little sorry for him and had to throw him a bone...just kidding :) Thanks for reading...it's so much fun writing and very reflective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, I've just finished reading all the articles you have written and all I can say is wow!, I am truly amazed and so proud and honored to be your little sister. I now firmly believe I wouldn't have begun the path back to our Catholic faith without you! You have inspired me to be a better Wife, Mom, Sister and Daughter, and most importantly a Christian. Thank you and I love you!

    ReplyDelete